Acceptance Mark

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Soulja Boy clarifies "shout out to slave masters"



Soulja Boy clarifies the "shout out to slave masters" comment he made recently with interviewer Toure, a 15-year veteran of journalism and one-time employee of CNN, BET and Rolling Stone.

Soulja Boy initially hated on the idea of doing an interview with Toure. "The dude Toure walked up to me and he said, 'Hey man, can I get you for an interview?' And I was like, 'Hell nah, man, get out my face."Soulja Boy justified his controversial answer based on the question, saying that after management persuaded the "Crank Dat" star to participate, he felt otherwise. "As soon as I did the interview, the first question [Toure] asked me a dumb-ass question. He said, 'How do I wanna die?' And I was like, 'Aww man, see I said I didn’t wanna do [the interview] in the first place.'"

According to Toure, "At the Rap City finale I interviewed nine emcees and Soulja Boy, and I gave them all part of the legendary Proust Questionnaire because it's a fun set of questions. I thought we'd be able to get at who they really are, away from their image, and for most of the day we were able to do that. People gave us really smart, sensitive answers and let us see their humanity and it was really cool. The last question everyone got was,

Continue>>>

No comments: