Acceptance Mark

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chris Rock's Movie 'Good Hair' Speak to Black Women Everywhere



Chris Rock is about to "out" black chicks everywhere, with his new Sundance movie called "Good Hair" that interviews women who undergo hair-relaxing treatments with chemicals that burn their scalps and others who pay thousands of dollars for hair weaves.

While the movie is loaded with Rock's wisecracking humor, “Good Hair” also shouts out the blatant but hush hush issues sistahs have about identity and equality among black women who feel they need long, straight, silky hair to fit into white society.
“It’s this whole thing about approval. That approval is not simply, ‘I want white people to love me.’ It’s like, ‘I need a job. I want to move forward, and if I have a hairstyle that is somewhat intimidating, that’s going to stop me from moving forward,’ ” said Nelson George, executive producer of “Good Hair.”
Call em out! I wish these chicks would realize that dudes want the drapes to match the carpet.

No comments: