Acceptance Mark

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Busta Rhymes Parts Ways with Interscope



Busta Rhymes got tired of suffering from the “push back” album syndrome and decided to take it up with the man - Jimmy Iovine. Iovine chairman of Interscope records received a visit after according to Busta “I wasn't getting the things that I felt that I needed facilitated from the record company at the time.”

Some say there was a heated exchange and Busta was “let go” but Bus-a-Bus maintains that it was “mutual” and he left with rights to his album. This either means that Busta is a mean negotiator or sadly Interscope doesn’t feel any real lose of giving Busta his album to leave with. Busta seems confident saying, "I can honestly say that it feels like this is the album that is the more appropriate body of work for defining this moment in time for me as a man, for me as an artist, and also for the state of the music as far as hip-hop is concerned."

Not sure what that means but let’s get that Arab Money!

No comments: