Acceptance Mark

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There is No Hope Left for Nas ?



Dj Premier would like to think that “The World Is Yours” rapper Nas can revive his fading legendary career. Yes – before you Nas stans bite my head off – he brought a lot to hip-hop and was revolutionary [for the most part] from his “Illmatic” to “N$gga/Untitled” album. But at this point to suggest that there is hope for Nas to be as successful as he was in earlier years – is a far stretch.

Dj Premier said, "I wish Nas would do an album again with just the original team, - Me, Q-Tip, Large Professor, Pete Rock and L.E.S. We all went in like we knew we had to." Premier continues saying; "I remember Tip bringing me 'One Love' and I was like 'Damn, I had to go and fix mine'. I had to change my 'Represent' beat just to compete with them - Pete played me 'The World Is Yours' before the beat was done and I was like 'Yo, I gotta make another banger' and that’s when I did 'New York State Of Mind.”

That does sound like the best formula to make a bangin album – I don’t know – maybe there is still hope for Nas. What’s your take – Is it over?

No comments: