Acceptance Mark

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lupe Fiasco Gives His Thoughts On Hip Hop

I feel like hip-hop is coming to sort of a..i dare say…an end???…(no pun intended)…

its not the same energy…hasn’t been for a long time…just a bunch of nothing out there…take it how u may…I hope the new vanguard proves me wrong and brings back the day of substance minus the webcam video to announce its return…

not “end” in the since of cease to exist…but more so transform into something else so expression is more meaninful…I put question marks on it because i still question my own thoughts about the feeling. But so many “what the fuck?!?!” moments have piled up so incredibly over the last few years that it begs a rethink of the trajectory of the art form.

im a “new nigga” but old in the senses of the fast food generation….the “new new niggas” i.e. The Cool Kids, the incredibly interesting and though provoking Charles Hamilton and the like are the vanguard i speak of…honestly I want it to change…never really been a fan of preserving…attention span is way too low and distorted for that hahaha

Lupe Fiasco aka FNF UP UP AND AWAY

Agree or Disagree?

No comments: